Dated: 18 July 2016
Protecting your data and privacy is very important to Local Money Ltd. (“Local Money”, “us” or “we“).
This policy (together with our Customer Agreement and any other documents referred to in it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand the types of information we collect from you, how we use that information and the circumstances under which we will share it with third parties. By visiting our website (our “Website”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us: You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes (but is not limited to) information you provide when you register to use our Website, convert money using our Website and when you report a problem with our Website. The information you give us may include your name, date of birth, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, payment reason, personal description, geographic location, photograph, social security number and copies of identification, address proof and other documents.
Information we collect about you: With regard to each of your visits to our Website we may automatically collect the following information:
- details of the money transfers you carry out via our Website, including the geographic location from which the transaction originates;
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (including the Customer Agreement) and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources: We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply the Customer Agreement and any other documents referred to on it; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Local Money, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, investigation in connection with financial crimes or provision of assistance with law enforcement.
- We may show your first name, first initial of your surname and photograph to the distributor of your money.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We restrict access of your personal information to those employees of Local Money who have a business reason for knowing such information. We continuously educate and train our employees about the importance of confidentiality and privacy of customer information.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Depending on applicable laws, you may have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA AND VERMONT, USA:
Other than for our everyday business purposes, we will not share your personal information with non-affiliates or affiliates without first giving you additional privacy choices.